If you’re looking for a delicious and easy way to cook corn, grilling it on a Blackstone grill is a great option. Whether you’re grilling corn on the cob or using a recipe that includes additional ingredients, the Blackstone makes it easy to get perfectly cooked corn every time. In this article, I will provide you with a step-by-step guide to grilling corn on a Blackstone, including preparation, preheating, grilling, and adding flavorings.
- 1 Preparing the Corn for Grilling
- 2 Preheating and Setting Up the Blackstone Grill
- 3 Grilling the Corn on the Blackstone
- 4 Adding Butter and Flavorings
- 5 Serving and Enjoying Grilled Corn on a Blackstone
- 6 Conclusion
- 7 FAQ
- 7.1 Q: How do I grill corn on a Blackstone?
- 7.2 Q: How should I prepare the corn for grilling?
- 7.3 Q: How do I preheat and set up the Blackstone grill?
- 7.4 Q: What is the process of grilling the corn on the Blackstone?
- 7.5 Q: How can I add butter and flavorings to grilled corn?
- 7.6 Q: How should I serve and enjoy grilled corn on a Blackstone?
- Grilling corn on a Blackstone is an easy and delicious way to cook corn.
- Preparation is key to delicious grilled corn on a Blackstone.
- Properly preheating the Blackstone grill is important for even cooking.
- Grilled corn can be enhanced with butter and other flavorings.
Preparing the Corn for Grilling
Before I start grilling corn on my Blackstone, I always make sure to prepare it properly. This ensures that the corn is not only delicious but also safe to eat. Here are the steps I follow:
- Remove the husks and silk: The first step in preparing the corn for grilling is to remove the husks and silk. Start by peeling the husks back, making sure to leave them attached at the base of the ear. Then, pull off the silk and discard both the husks and silk.
- Rinse the corn: After removing the husks and silk, rinse the corn under cool running water to remove any remaining silk or debris.
- Pat dry: Use a clean towel to pat the corn dry. This will help the seasoning stick better to the corn while grilling.
- Season the corn: Now that the corn is prepped and ready, it’s time to season it. You can use your favorite seasoning, but for a classic flavor, I like to use a mixture of butter, salt, and black pepper.
Following these simple steps will ensure that your corn is clean, dry, and delicious when grilling on your Blackstone. This easy corn on a Blackstone recipe is perfect for summer cookouts, family gatherings, or just a simple weeknight dinner.
Preheating and Setting Up the Blackstone Grill
Before grilling corn on a Blackstone, it’s important to preheat and set up the grill properly. This will ensure even cooking and prevent any sticking or burning of the corn.
The first step is to preheat the grill. Turn on the heat to high and let the Blackstone grill heat up for at least 5 minutes before placing the corn on the griddle. This will ensure that the surface is hot enough to sear the corn.
Once the grill is hot, it’s time to set up the cooking area. Spread a thin layer of oil or cooking spray on the griddle surface to prevent the corn from sticking. Next, place the corn on the griddle, making sure that there is enough space between each corn to allow for even cooking.
It’s important to keep an eye on the corn as it cooks. Use a spatula or tongs to turn the corn occasionally, ensuring that each side is cooked evenly. Depending on the heat of the grill, the corn may take anywhere from 8 to 12 minutes to cook. Keep an eye on it and adjust the heat as needed to prevent burning.
With the Blackstone grill preheated and set up correctly, you’ll be able to achieve perfectly grilled corn every time.
Grilling the Corn on the Blackstone
With the Blackstone grill preheated and ready, it’s time to start grilling the corn. Place the corn directly on the grill grates, using tongs to position them for even cooking. Keep the heat on medium-high, turning the corn occasionally to ensure all sides are cooked evenly.
When grilling corn on a Blackstone, it’s important to keep an eye on the heat. If the grill is too hot, the corn can burn or char too quickly. If the heat is too low, the corn may not cook through completely. Adjust the heat as needed, aiming for a steady temperature throughout the grilling process.
For the best results, let the corn cook for 10-15 minutes, or until the kernels are slightly charred and tender. This timing may vary depending on the size of the corn and the heat of the grill, so it’s important to check the corn frequently as it cooks.
Corn Grilling Tips
- Soak the corn in cold water for at least 30 minutes before grilling to keep it moist and prevent burning.
- Wrap the corn in foil with butter and seasonings for added flavor and moisture.
- Use a basting brush to coat the corn with oil or butter while grilling to prevent it from drying out.
- Try grilling corn without the husks for a smokier flavor and charred texture.
Grilling corn on a Blackstone is a simple and delicious way to enhance the natural sweetness of this summer staple. With a few tips and tricks, you can create perfectly grilled corn on the cob that’s full of flavor and texture.
Adding Butter and Flavorings
Now that the corn on the cob is perfectly grilled on the Blackstone, it’s time to add some butter and other flavorings to make it even more delicious.
I recommend using unsalted butter so that you can control the amount of salt in your dish. Once the butter is softened, mix in some minced garlic, chopped parsley, and a pinch of salt. Spread this mixture generously over the grilled corn on the cob, making sure to get it in all the nooks and crannies. You can also add a sprinkle of chili powder or paprika for an extra kick of flavor.
If you’re feeling adventurous, you can also try other flavorings like grated Parmesan cheese, lime juice, or even a drizzle of honey. The possibilities are endless!
Let the butter and flavorings melt into the grilled corn for a few minutes before serving. Your guests will be impressed with how tasty and flavorful the corn on the cob is.
Serving and Enjoying Grilled Corn on a Blackstone
Now that your corn is perfectly grilled on the Blackstone, it’s time to add some flavors and serve it up!
First, take the corn off the grill and let it cool for a few minutes. Then, grab some butter and your favorite seasonings. My personal favorites are garlic powder, paprika, and chili powder.
Rub the butter all over the grilled corn, making sure to get every crevice. Then, sprinkle on your seasonings and give the corn a gentle shake to distribute the flavors evenly.
You can also experiment with other toppings, such as grated parmesan cheese, lemon juice, or fresh herbs like cilantro or parsley.
When you’re ready to serve, place the corn on a platter and watch as it disappears before your eyes. Your friends and family will be impressed with your Blackstone grill corn on the cob skills and will be begging for the recipe!
Grilling corn on a Blackstone grill is a straightforward process that yields delicious results. By following this step-by-step guide, you can easily prepare tasty corn on the cob for your next barbecue or family dinner.
Remember to prepare the corn by removing the silks and soaking it in water before grilling. Preheat your Blackstone grill and set it up for direct heat. Then, grill the corn for about 10-12 minutes, turning it occasionally to ensure even cooking.
After the corn is grilled to perfection, add butter and any seasonings or flavorings of your choice. Serve and enjoy this easy corn on a Blackstone recipe with your favorite summer dishes.
Try out this simple method for grilling corn on a Blackstone and impress your guests with a delicious and flavorful side dish.
Q: How do I grill corn on a Blackstone?
A: To grill corn on a Blackstone, you can follow these steps:
Q: How should I prepare the corn for grilling?
A: Before grilling, you should remove the husk and silk from the corn. You can also soak the corn in water for about 10 minutes to prevent it from drying out while grilling.
Q: How do I preheat and set up the Blackstone grill?
A: To preheat the Blackstone grill, turn the burners to medium-high heat and allow the grill to heat up for about 10 minutes. Make sure the griddle surface is clean and oiled before placing the corn on it.
Q: What is the process of grilling the corn on the Blackstone?
A: When grilling corn on a Blackstone, place the corn directly on the hot griddle surface. Cook for about 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until the corn is tender and charred in spots.
Q: How can I add butter and flavorings to grilled corn?
A: Once the corn is grilled, you can brush it with melted butter and sprinkle with salt, pepper, or any other desired seasonings. You can also try adding lime juice, chili powder, or grated Parmesan for extra flavor.
Q: How should I serve and enjoy grilled corn on a Blackstone?
A: Serve the grilled corn on a platter and garnish with fresh herbs if desired. Enjoy it as a side dish or as a tasty addition to your favorite summer recipes.